Vice President of Enablement
The Vice President of Enablement will manage, align, and unify the enablement strategy of the direct sales channel, partner sales channel, and other sales supporting functions such as solutions engineers and business development. They will take the Workiva Go-to-Market and Solution strategies and lead the development of the Enablement Strategy that will achieve our Corporate objectives. Executing this strategy will include developing learning materials, content, training, tools, and resources to drive growth and sales excellence. Bringing new solutions to market and reducing time to market are core tenets of these strategies. The Vice President of Enablement will develop and execute impactful, data-driven programs for transforming sales through partnering with Senior Executives, Senior Sales Leaders, Workiva Partners, solution management, marketing, business development, and other key stakeholders. Taking a leader-first approach, the Vice President of Enablement will understand the needs of the field by engaging closely with sales leadership and will provide tools and resources to help sales leadership coach their teams to maximize performance.
About the Role
- Collaborate with Senior Executives, Senior Sales Leaders, Workiva Partners, solution leaders, product marketing, sales, business development, and other stakeholders to establish the Sales Enablement priorities and roadmap that enable our sellers to execute our GTM strategy.
- Build, lead, mentor, and inspire a high-functioning team of sales professionals, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Manage, align, and unify the enablement of the direct sales channel, partner sales channel, solutions engineers, business development, and other sales support functions.
- Engage with global leaders to tailor the strategy and approach to meet the needs of a global organization.
- Take a competency-based approach to identifying training and development needs.
- Train and reinforce our value-based sales methodology
- Oversee the development of effective training materials that will meet goals and objectives
- Lead the planning and execution of sales training events, including commercial kickoff
- Assess content understanding and retention through post-delivery exams
- Review and analyze course evaluations to determine the effectiveness of training sessions
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and Learning & Development to improve the sales talent onboarding experience talent pipeline and develop sales talent
- Influence the selection and optimization of sales technology (e.g., Salesforce, SalesLoft, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Ignite, Highspot, QuickSight)
- 15+ years’ experience in global sales enablement, with a minimum of 7 years leading a sales team(s)
- Experience at a top-tier B2B SaaS company of $500M – $1B+ ARR that has experienced fast-paced growth across global markets.
- Experience enabling customer-facing individuals across multiple channels (Direct Sales, Partner Channel, Solution Engineers, etc.)
- Experience building strong relationships with sales leaders and individual sellers
- Proven success using metrics for evaluating sales team performance and identifying development needs
- Highly comfortable in a global complex matrixed company environment; able to both strategically lead teams as well as roll up the sleeves to get the job done
- Intellectually curious with a thirst for learning both the business and people
- Proven self-starter with a low ego, high humility, high EQ, and a demonstrated ability to collaborate at all levels of the organization.
- Believes in diversity of people and diversity of ideas.
- Passionate about new technology and genuinely interested in understanding how new technology works, the value it brings, and how to articulate that value to clients
- Excellent active listening skills with the ability to understand what is being asked and offer responses with appropriate answers
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to present topics clearly and succinctly
- Adaptable with the ability to react quickly to changing direction without sacrificing quality
- Ability to work successfully in a high-energy, fast-paced, rapidly changing
- Education: Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Up to 30% travel
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period working remotely, not in a Workiva office