Vice President of Channels and Alliances
Reports to the Head of Partnerships & Alliances and is responsible for developing and executing the Partner channel strategy for the organization and will lead a team of Partner/Alliance Directors to achieve overall channel revenue/growth goals. This person is responsible for the management and growth of strategic partnerships and alliance relationships with Big 4, Top 100 Advisory & Consulting, Technology/ISV Alliances, and System Integrators.
Responsibilities Strategy & Business Development
- Develop a comprehensive channel strategy, including business development and Partner management strategy and roadmap, with defined objectives, success criteria and KPI’s aligned with the company’s overall Revenue and Partner related objectives.
- Refine, expand, and improve our existing channel strategy and define the types of channels/partnerships to build within specific market segments
- Identify target partner categories and firms to complement and expand the reach and attractiveness of Workiva’s platform solution.
- Identify and secure new target partnerships, and maintain a strict cadence to drive revenue with and through existing software partner relationships.
- Manage and report on targets/KPI’s, actively tracking joint sales pipeline to measure success of the partnership and meet/exceed quarterly and annual revenue targets.
- Complete oversight of named partners including leveraged sales bookings, direct revenue, expansion of programs, identification of needs and delivery of solutions to partner personnel, executive level relationship management, escalations, co-marketing programs, and all other aspects of partner account management.
- Develop and execute sales plans including strategy and tactical partner account management execution plans.
- Drive partner adoption by engaging with high level executives and strategic thinkers across organization. Responsible for understanding partners’ end markets, and using competitive insights to create actionable partner plans and leveraging/extending product nuances into strategic recommendations to deliver success within vertical markets.
- Partner with sales, marketing, solutions, and customer success leaders to adapt strategies to execute across multiple verticals
- Take ownership of key partner related escalations and issues in cooperation with internal Workiva departments.
- Manage a team of Alliance Directors to achieve overall channel revenue objectives and KPI’s
- Builds a strong sustainable organization with high levels of employee engagement by attracting and developing superior talent and rewarding superior performance of teams and individuals
- Provide mentorship and professional growth opportunities to the alliance team
- Maintains an atmosphere of respect, mutual support, flexibility, continuous learning, good humor, and commitment to business goals and customer needs to fulfill the company vision
- Matches staff skills and talent to tasks to ensure optimal engagement and performance
- Establishes and maintain relationships and effectively communicate with customers, business unit leaders and senior management to raise visibility and ensure collaboration with appropriate key stakeholders
- Manages operations staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions