Vice President, Channels & Alliances
Reporting to the VP of Partnerships & Alliances, the VP of Channels and Alliances is a driving force in the establishment, growth, and management of strategic partner relationships with Workiva. Focused on Technology/ISV alliances and their associated channel strategies, The VP drives revenue growth by leveraging prior Software and Technology industry experience to optimize existing partner relationships, and identify new partnership opportunities. Leading/managing a team of alliance managers/directors, this person works closely with Regional Sales Directors, Marketing, Product Development, Customer Success, and Sales Operations to ensure program success. This role will also be responsible for the establishment and management of the Partner resell/distribution channel.
- Manage existing channel partners as well as implement, manage, and grow new partners as they join the company partner program
- Complete oversight and management of technology partners including leveraged sales bookings, direct revenue, expansion of programs, identification of needs and delivery of solutions to partner personnel, executive-level relationship management, escalations, co-marketing programs, and all other aspects of partner account management
- Responsible for defining and executing a Partner resell/distribution channel model in collaboration with Partner and Sales leadership
- Support and manage a team of alliance managers/directors by developing and executing sales plans including strategy and tactical partner account management execution plans
- Drive partner adoption by engaging with high-level executives and strategic thinkers across the organization
- Responsible for understanding partners’ end markets, and using competitive insights to create actionable partner plans, and leveraging/extending product nuances into strategic recommendations to deliver success within vertical markets
- Builds a growth minded team, attracting and developing talent while aligning with Workiva’s values. • Lead a team of alliance managers/directors focused on achieving established revenue/growth goals and KPI’s that represent mutually beneficial business outcomes.
- Provides employees with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities to enhance their skills, motivation, and performance.
- Maintains an atmosphere of respect, mutual support, flexibility, continuous learning, good humor, and commitment to business goals and Partner needs to fulfill the company vision.
- Matches staff skills and talent to tasks to ensure optimal engagement and performance.
- Rewards superior team and individual performance in ways that enhance employee engagement, commitment, and satisfaction.
- Team management, including recruitment, supervision, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.