- 15+ years experience in SaaS software sales or industry sales, scaling from $20M – $100M
- Experience scaling, developing, and managing rapidly growing sales teams, implementing a structure that aligns teams to growth goals
- A track record of setting and achieving ambitious goals and making data-driven decisions creates high-performing teams that deliver results
- Experience mapping and optimizing account & geographic coverage, including inside/outside/channel models as appropriate
- Experience helping to formulate go-to-market strategy, including input on packaging, pricing, positioning
- Experience in building a great culture and a winning team. Can work across the organization e.g. Product, Engineering, Client Success, etc.
- Experience in selling complex deals, creating value, and driving process & methodology
- Is ready to build our team. Able to function without a large support organization to start. Up for the challenge
- Experience expanding into new segments and markets as the team grows (e.g. mid-market, and global)
- Low ego. Willing to jump in to close big deals, player-coach when needed
- Thrives in a competitive environment with a strong desire to win/achieve
- Attracts and develops top talent, strong personal presence, rallies team to the cause, and leads from the front
- Gets involved in the details, active coach, and mentor
- Resourceful, figure-it-out-and-get-it-done mentality
- Brings a proven ability to execute across all sales functions and make data-driven decisions
- Excellent listener; proven ability to negotiate with peers and customers.
- A reputation in the industry for unflinching ethics, principle-centered, win-win relationships
Car IQ is the first payment solution developed for vehicles and fleets that enables vehicles to transact directly, securely, and autonomously with all payment networks, banks, and service providers. Their payment platform enables vehicles to automatically initiate and complete payments for services such as tolls, fuel, parking, In-Dash marketplace, and more.
- Founded: 2016
- Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
- Executive team: Apple, Automotive, Visa, Blackhawk, Fleetcor
- $15M Series B
Today, nearly $650B is spent on vehicle services using credit cards, debit cards, and ACH, where people have to perform and manage transactions. However, human-centered payments are flawed and can result in costly fraud. Today’s customer billing disputes cannot verify the actual vehicle, the service needs of the vehicle, or validate the vehicle received the service that is being paid for. This creates a security and fraud risk for fleet operators, merchants, and banks.
Car IQ introduces radically new methods for payment authentication and pre/post service validation that mitigates fraud. These new methods for trusted identity enable payments to have regulatory and security elements built into the payment stream and allow cars to send payment instructions created by Car IQ directly to any bank or payment network globally.
Car IQ’s payment platform is a comprehensive banking and risk management solution specifically designed for cars. Car IQ has already partnered with several of the world’s largest banks/payment networks, including Citibank, RBC, and Discover Financial Services, to implement a new industry standard for Identity management for machine banking.
IN THE NEWS
- Car IQ Raises $15M to Drive the Future of Machine-to-Machine Payments Using Cars
- Car IQ Partners With BlackBerry
- Fleet Payment Startup Car IQ Raises $15M Oversubscribed Series B
- Discover Partners to Launch a Connected Automotive Fleet Payments Solution
- Mastercard: Are Connected Cars Moving Into The Fast Lane?
- Sunoco To Accept Car IQ’s Fleet Payment Solution at Nearly 5,000 Gas Stations Nationwide
- Car IQ Turns The Car Into A Connected Commerce Platform
Executive Team Experience– Apple, Visa, Automotive, Blackhawk, Fleetcor + 3 PhD’s in Computer Science and AI
Payment & Auto Partners – Visa, Citi, Mastercard, Discover, 2C, RBC, and Blackberry
Customers Include – 3 of the top US Fleet companies and Tier 1 Auto OEM
Merchant Partners – Signed several of the largest tier 1 fuel, Tolling, and EV merchants in the US, along with Parking, Service, and repair. The company has more than 20k+ Fuel Merchant Partners in the US and expanding to 50% of the US market in 2023.
Additional payment categories – Parking, EV Charging, Citation Management, Insurance, DMV, Service Repair, and more