Senior Vice President of Sales – N. America
The Senior Vice President of Sales – North America is responsible for developing strategic sales plans based on company goals that will promote sales growth, develop and lead a high-performing sales team that achieves team goals and targets, and customer satisfaction for the organization. Responsible for leading a high-performing sales team in North America to achieve team goals and targets.
- Ideate, plan and execute sales plans for North America; develop and execute the company’s sales strategy to build revenues and contribute to the company’s rapid growth objectives
- Identifies and works with Executive Management to recognize internal and external opportunities and solutions
- Defines and executes strategies to support the vision and leadership of Workiva
- Ensures communications are coordinated, supports sales plan objectives, and meets organizational expenditure requirements in conjunction with the SVP of Marketing
- Builds, develop and manages a sales team capable of carrying out needed sales and service initiatives
- Recruit, build and scale a high-performing sales team that can meet revenue goals
- Prioritizes and drives sales strategies across multiple teams and phases to ensure that customer solutions are aligned with business objectives
- Oversees the strategic direction of the team through staff development, planning and forecasting, and budgetary obligations
- Implements and manages multiple channel selling strategies and recommends improvements based on market research and competitor analysis
- Hands-on management of the end-to-end sales cycle, including lead generation, managing live accounts, and working closely with leadership teams to close deals
- Develop sales strategies using local market expertise to maximize go-to-market resources and execute against relevant opportunities
What You’ll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Graduate Degree preferred.
- 20+ years of experience in Sales in successive and progressive roles
- Prior experience leveraging a high-performing partner ecosystem to drive large enterprise complex deals
- Sales leader who has grown and scaled a company through extensive growth
- Prior experience in SaaS/technology industry required
- Demonstrated sales leadership experience scaling a business and managing a sales team to deliver results
- Highly collaborative and hands-on, excellent relationship-building skills, with an ability to prioritize, negotiate and work with a variety of stakeholders–both here in the US and internationally.
- A proven ability to build and execute on the sales pipeline.
- Excellent listening, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills
- Negotiation, influencing, and conflict resolution skills
- Self-reliant and results-oriented
- This position requires up to 50% travel and is primarily outside of the local area and overnight
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Depending on assigned work location, walking outdoors between company campus facilities in a variety of weather conditions may be necessary to perform the responsibilities of this position
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.